Monday, December 6, 2010

Sam Isaac Francis, Jr - March 24, 1936- November 29, 2010.

It was a long and tiring week around here, as my father passed away on Monday the 29th. He waited till we got home safely from our cruise. He was asleep when we visited for the last time, but I think he knew we were there.

Dad and I weren't always close - he was such a loner, but I am glad he was with us these last 4 months of his life.

Our friends rallied around us all week - keeping us sane and helping with anything that they could. And I cannot tell you how much Doug and I appreciate their love and support.

The funeral on Saturday was intimate, but it was perfect, and we had friends back at our house afterwards to celebrate his life and it was a very nice evening.

I miss you daddy.....

1 comment:

  1. SO sorry, Steph. I'm glad he was with you for a while there.

    ReplyDelete