Monday, June 22, 2009

Bachelorette Parties, Swimming pools, dancing and a potential broken foot!

Or what a GREAT weekend we had- well minus the potential broken foot( I LOVE you Bethy!!!!)

Our friends John and Cat, had their 10th wedding anniversary this weekend. So to celebrate, they decided to renew their vows and throw a small(ahem) cocktail party.

Well one simply cannot renew their vows without a proper send off, so the DH and I planned B&B parties, limo and all. Thanks to a lot of help from neighbors Wendy and Andy, as well as sister Elizabeth( the afore mentioned Bethy) and her hubby Sasha, everything went off without a hitch. Us women, went and had a wonderful dinner followed by a couple of hours of dancing.... the guys, well, we won't go there, but they had fun too :)..

After an evening of dancing( and a bit to drink) we thought it would be a great idea to go swimming in W&A's pool.... and that's all I am going to say about that. :)

Saturday was blistering hot in Atlanta, and once Doug and I were able to roll out of bed and make ourselves presentable, we went back to John and Cat's to help finish the set up. The ceremony was at 7 and it was beautiful and simple.

While pictures were being taken, Doug, Wendy, Andy and I ( along with these poor out of town souls that needed to follow us) rushed back to the house to set out the food.

And the rest is history. The food was great, the company was great, and the dancing, well the dancing was awesome!

The only caveat to the night, was that Bethie ACCIDENTALLY stepped on my foot during the first dance with a 4 inch spiked heel. It hurt a bit at first, but I continued dancing till about 1am, then we went off home. It doesn't really hurt - but it's purple and swollen and I am scared to try to get a shoe on.....

The DH blames it on my dancing barefoot( which is a HECK of a lot safer than me dancing in heels) but it would have happened shod or not, as I was wearing strappy sandals and NOT tennis shoes or steel toed boots.

I am sure the continued dancing did not help my situation. But it's not the first broken foot and I am sure it won't be the last.

But it was all worth it!

I raise my glass to another 10 years for John and Cat.

7 comments:

  1. LOL at least you had fun! All in the name of a good cause. And I agree - I am MUCH safer dancing barefoot. Shoes only cause further problems!

    Congratulations to John and Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the happy couple, again! I just love weddings and a good party before and after. :-)

    Crossing my fingers that your foot is already feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look around. We are at the right before you with some unlimited fun. Find us for Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Birthday Party, or any occasion. Get start ... Hampton strippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is actually in a similar fashion an awesome write-up i always most certainly savored investigating. It's not at all really day-to-day i always cultivate the method to seek out a single thing. Hot Party Strippers Key West

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoppers selling for which you applied exploration earlier than writing. It's painless to write down first-class write-up in that position. Hot Party Strippers Key West

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. Miami strippers for bachelor party

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. Miami strippers for bachelor party

    ReplyDelete