Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow, Ice or Nothing in Between

It seems like Georgia weather ( whenever it's not just plain HOT) is always in some kind of a flux.  From April to June the question is always - is it going to rain? Can we have our party/concert/picnic outside or do we have to worry about getting wet?

From January to March the BIG question is always SNOW?  Is it going to snow/sleet/ice.  The very second the weatherman says the big S word the whole city is thrown into a panic.  Especially since the snowpacalypse of 2014.  I can't say that I blame them. I was one of the lucky ones that was at home that day.  I had minor surgery and had the day off, but my poor husband( who neglected to listen to my dire warnings) spent 6 hours in the car trying to get home - and he was one of the lucky ones.  Many people spent the night in their cars or less than ideal conditions in a fast food restaurant or wherever they could find shelter.

So when the weatherman forecasted snow/ice/sleet for this weekend, we all went into panic mode.  FILL UP THE CAR, GET BREAD, GET MILK!!!!!  The world is going to end!!!!!

Now I can never figure out why people panic SO much - I mean we are in the south, which really means if we are stuck it's usually not for more than 3 or 4 days.  So can I do without bread and milk for 3 or 4 days?  Yep.  Will I starve?  Nope.  I have other ways to sustain me.  Tequila is always a good choice.  Or wine, or even one of the lesser drinks such as soda or GASP - WATER!

I have a whole pantry FULL of food that can be eaten - that frankly SHOULD be eaten and hey, I could probably benefit from being stuck in my house for a week, JUST to go through my pantry and clean it out a bit.  Since DH and I have been on a couponing and BOGO kick, it's getting a little full.

So bring it on Mother Nature.  But if you do, leave the power on please but kill the internet.  That way I can stay warm but not feel obligated to work.  This is the one time I won't be mad if Comcast fails me.



1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is too funny! You hit the nail on the head. Loved reading this... never knew you were sooo darn funny.

    ReplyDelete