Monday, July 28, 2008

"Don't Need Nothin' but a Good Time..."

Was the theme of the Poison concert last night. This was not a concert we were all dying to go to, but it was inexpensive and it was a nice Sunday night in Atlanta.

Turned out to be a better concert than I expected. It was a 3 band concert with Sebastian Bach from Skid Row as the first performer. We were late, due to a dinner snafu, and we missed most of his concert which was fine. Then Dokken came on and did a really nice set. I am not a Dokken fan, but I found myself enjoying the music. Again, it was a pleasant evening and I was having a good time people watching. I have never seen so many tattoos in all my life! People watching took up most of the evening :).

Then Poison came on. Apparently Brett had a hard time remembering where he was bc he kept saying Atlanta. He must have said it 50 times. And promoted his Rock of Love tv show( of which they are filming a 3rd, but it's not going to be the same as the others).

Concerts, especially outdoor ones are truly a study in human behavior and they let you observe from a distance. I am fascinated by people who get really and truly drunk at concerts. What's the point? You've paid all that money and you don't remember the concert.

For you Poison fans out there, they did a lot of old stuff that I didn't really know. He closed with Every Rose Has it's Thorn, Talk Dirty to Me and Don't Need Nothing but a Good Time.

It was a good time - we were with 2 of our best friends, which makes it even better.

We got home around midnight and I am exhausted :).....

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I love Poison! Glad you guys had a great time. I crushed on Bret pretty hard back in the early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Angela was the one who originally wanted to go, then she couldn't. It was a good concert though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Angela was the one who originally wanted to go, then she couldn't. It was a good concert though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I'm so sorry I couldn't! It's good that I didn't, though because when I was considering it I thought it would just be my BIL and kids here for the weekend; I didn't know then there would be FIL and SIL and her daughter too. So I'm glad i was here for them, even if i did miss Bret Michaels. It sounds like an awesome concert though!

    ReplyDelete